- 2 C organic Whole Spelt flour (I used sprouted)
- 4 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 Tbs organic cinnamon
- 2 large, whole, organic bananas (sliced)
- 1 Tbs organic cane sugar or organic coconut sugar
- (coconut sugar has a brown sugar flavor)
- 1 3/4 C organic non-dairy milk (I used oat)
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- In separate bowl, mix milk and oil.
- Combine bowls except bananas. Stir with whisk until fully combined.
- Gently fold in bananas after flour mixture has become batter.
***DO NOT OVER MIX***
- Pour batter on waffle maker and cook 2-3 minutes on each side depending on maker.
- Serve with Soy Free Earth Balance spread and organic grade “B” (Dark/Amber) Maple syrup.
Grade B is always darker in color. It is less refined and retains more if its nutritional value.
- Bless your food and enjoy!
Yields: approx 32oz of batter. I made two batches (4 small waffles) and put the rest in the fridge for later (or freeze)
NOTE: When pulling from freezer add a little water to thin out batter.
They will also take slightly longer to cook when batter is cold.