- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 portobello mushroom cap
- 1/4 C cilantro, chopped + 1 TBS for garnish
- 1/4 C fresh basil, chopped
- 3 links Field Roast Breakfast Sausage, crumbled (trust me)
- 1 TBS fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 TBS Coconut Aminos
- 3 TBS chiffonade kale
- Salt to taste
The wonton wraps pictured were made from scratch, but you can use any vegan wonton wrapper with this recipe.
- Start pan on medium-high heat. Add REFINED coconut oil (or Avocado oil, which you can now find a big bottle at Costco for about 9 bucks.)
- Add garlic, onion and sauté for 3 mins or until soft.
- Add in mushroom, and “sausage” and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger, spices and sauté another minute before finishing with fresh herbs. Mix in well.
- Turn off heat. Add liquids, kale and mix well.
- Place about 1 TBS of filling into wonton wrappers and seal close with a little water (always filtered)
Traditionally these are fried so they’re crispy on the bottom and them steamed to cook the rest of the way through. But just frying them or just steaming them will still make for tasty potstickers!
- Put enough oil in pan to cover surface + a little more. Place sealed potstickers in pan and fry about 45 seconds. Then CAREFULLY put a teeny, tiny bit of water in pan then cover IMMEDIATELY.
Oil and water do not mix, as you know. This method is used by some chefs (including myself) to steam.
Steam for about one minute, then remove and place on paper towels to absorb residual oil.
This sauce paired PERFECTLY with these guys!
Stir in a bowl with Coconut Aminos in a 1:1 ratio.
Can find at Sprouts and Natural Grocers.