- 2 C almonds soaked, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 C flax meal
- 1/4 – 1/3 C water (or nut milk) – drizzle in little at a time
- 1 drop doTerra Cinnamon Essential Oil (or 2 TBS cinnamon)
- 1 TBS pumpkin pie spice
- 3 drops liquid Stevia
- Grind flax into a fine powder, set aside.
- Place soaked almonds into food processor and process until fine paste.
- Add in flax and spices. Process until well mixed.
- Start with LESS than a 1/4 C water with Stevia and doTerra drops in water. Drizzle in with food processor on. Continue to process until dough like consistency is reached. Add water if needed.
- Line waffle maker with plastic wrap or similar.
- Scoop about a 1/4 C of “batter” onto waffle maker and press down. Make sure you have plastic wrap on top of batter, too! You can trim off the edges so it looks nicer.
- Carefully open waffle maker and remove each waffle and place onto dehydrator mesh tray.
- Dehydrate at 145° for 2 hours. Decrease to 115° and dehydrate another 4-5 hours. Check them after a few hours. You don’t want these to be super dry.
Top with your favorite raw butter and chocolate sauce.
Store leftovers in fridge for a few days. You can reheat in dehydrator on 145° for an hour or so.
Yields: approx 5 waffles.