Ingredients – Breading:
- 1/2 C ground flax
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Ingredients – Filling:
- 2 C sprouted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 C celery, minced
- 1/2 C red onion, minced
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- 1 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 TBS + 2 tsp kelp powder
- 1 tsp dried dill or one drop doTerra dill oil
- 1/4 C water (or less)
Instructions – Breading:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
Instructions – Filling:
- Place moist sunflower seeds in food processor and process into a paste.
- Add remaining ingredients except for water and process until well combined. Drizzle in only enough water to enable food processor to mix into a nice paste.
- Scoop out portions of 2 TBS and shape into an oval fishstick shape. I prefer these longer than wider. It will help them dehydrate better.
- Batter fishsticks by simply placing them in your dry batter mixture and roll around until well covered. Do this carefully. Depending on the moisture of the fishstick they might break in half. If this happens, simply put them back together on the your dehydrator tray. They will still be just as tasty!
- Place on the dehydrator mesh tray for an hour at 145º.
Then decrease to 125º and dehydrate for another 3-4 hours.
We want the insides still a little moist, but NOT WET.
You can also put these on parchment paper, and then just flip them after an hour or so. But mesh requires less attention.